Sunday, 30 August 2015

Taiwan adventure... coming to an end?

I've been in Taiwan for a month already and now it seems like I've to say goodbye soon. Well... or maybe not? ... Initially my flight back to Japan is on Monday September 7, but I'm actually thinking about changing my flight. Or rather cancelling this one and buy another one departing from Kaohsiung (south Taiwan), since those flights are cheaper than those from Taipei. I would only lose like 10€.

Why I want to stay? Well, I kind of feel that I can't leave Taiwan like this. To be honest, I would prefer to stay here like until December. But since I've some duties in Vienna (like university), let's just forget about this egoistic wish.
Actually it's really hard for me that I have to decide between Japan and Taiwan. But I think I'll choose the "half hearted" plan. Means just stay a little longer in Taiwan, but still long enough so that I won't have much time left in Japan.
Well, at least there's one thing I decided (= already booked the hostel): I'll be in Tokyo from September 25 to 29 in the morning, when I have my flight back to Vienna. Not much, but still enough to meet friends and do the necessary shopping.

And to come back to Taiwan, or rather Tainan, the city where I spent those last 4 weeks. I've been in a Chinese language course at NCKU (National Cheng Kung University). It was a 4 weeks intensive course with 4 hours a day. 2 hours "standard" language class and 2 hours kind of a more "practical" class. I liked both classes, though I really didn't like the time. (afternoon class, from 1 to 5) Morning classes would have been so much better. Well, at least like this it was possible to have party every night and still be able to come to class the next day. Well, people who know me could guess that it's not really that what I was aiming for.. XD


In those 4 weeks, many things happened. On the first week I tried to just quietly study Chinese. But that lasted for exactly 3 days. On the 4th day, I finally accepted to spend the evening with my friends, sitting in front of 7eleven, drinking beer. What else...



On the first weekend there was a really big typhoon. This kind is not that usual in Taiwan and it's the strongest in 2015 until now. We had to stay in our dorm the whole day and the next day we only managed to go to the cinema.


But except for the Typhoon weekend, I always went somewhere. Like hot springs, Kaohsiung and Taichung. Less than I initially wanted to do, but it was nice too ~

Well, Taichung... I initially planned to go there on the first weekend, but well... typhoon. The following week I tried again, but it didn't work either. My friends here were really relieved when I finally made it to go there on the 3rd week on Saturday.
And actually I'll head to Taichung again soon. yay ~



I really liked our trip to Kaohsiung. We saw many places but because of the bad weather we didn't go to the mountain/hill, what I was looking forward to... ;___;  But instead, we happened to see a quite famous Taiwanese band (宇宙人 / Cosmos People). We didn't stay for the concert though. But overall it was a great trip ~




Well, that was a really short summary of this month. Chinese classes were really good and fun, I met many great people (and so many Austrians XD), who made this time here even better~ Miss you all~ ♡
I can't wait to see you all in Vienna! Especially the non-Austrian who will come to visit Vienna next year. 


1 comment:

  1. Taiwan is also a country I really want to visit in the future! I can imagine why you don't want to leave now^^ Nice pictures ;D

    ReplyDelete